Friday, January 15, 2021

Matthew 10: 19

 By Kelly Bridgewater

 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;” (Biblegateway.com  NKJV Version)

For years, I have struggled with the aspect of writing. Since my Daddy passed away in 2015, every time I open the computer to type a story idea, Satan comes along and whispers in my ear that I don’t know what I’m doing. I pray for him to leave, and I ask God to give me the words that he wants me to write. Story ideas still keep coming, but I don’t feel confident enough to write those stories.

But I want to write stories. I want to see my name on a published book. Even if I only write one novel in my entire life that becomes published. I have a hard time believing that God would give me the desire to write with story ideas that never really go away, but sometimes, okay to be honest, a lot of times, I believe God sprinkled in the desire and story ideas, but he forgot to give me the talent to write a story.

This verse states that God will give me the words when he will allow me to write what he wants me to write. I don’t know if it will be in 2021. But I need to muddle over these words and remember and pray that someday these stories will be written for God and just how they want them to appear.

Here’s to a wonderful 2021 with no masks, no social distancing, and no Covid. I pray we move on. Last week, I prayed for our country.

I pray that I’m either content with the idea of not writing or go forward with writing my stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment