Friday, October 19, 2018

Not My Week


By Kelly Bridgewater

If you have been following my blog at all, you know that this time of year, I don't feel too happy.

On Halloween 2015, my Daddy died unexpectedly. I still have a hard time believing he is not here. I can't pick up the phone and have a phone call with him. I still miss him. Even though this week is three years. (Here is the link to a blog post I wrote six months after he passed! Be prepared for some tears!)

The grief really doesn't go away. I have just learned to move on with my life and live without him. 

Image result for Free grief images
From Pinterest


There are moments where something comes up, like a song or a movie, and I start to tear up because it reminds me of him. I have gazed at his picture and wish he was still here. I have read his words that he has written in front of books he has purchased for me. I have kept a number of his prayer journals, and I feel myself drawn to his words and his communication with God.

I have written  him letters explaining how I feel. It is a great stress reliever for me.

On October 21st, it is my Daddy's birthday. This year, he would have been 70 years old. I plan to make a German Chocolate Cake with his mother's recipe to remember him by. Last year, I tried to throw a birthday party and invited my siblings, but neither one came. Might just be a lone celebration again.

It is hard not to think about him this time of year. First, a celebration, then moments of grief.

I know he is heaven, and we will meet again, but it is still hard.

Thank you for allowing me to share my heart today.

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for you this week. I lost my dad 10 years ago and understand the urge to want to call him and then remembering you can't. Embrace the memories that you have of the good times with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane for your kind words!! I need them this week. God bless!

      Delete