Friday, October 12, 2018

Covered Bridge Fun


By Kelly Bridgewater

Have you ever attended the Indiana Covered Bridge Festival?

It occurs in October when it is supposed to be getting cooler, but most times, I have to wear shorts because it is still in the 80's.

Anyways, it is ten days of garage sales and carnival food while browsing many homemade craft items. I usually attend a number of days. I look forward to it every year. I can find cheap clothes for my boys. Discounted books. And Christmas gifts. 

Image result for Free Covered Bridge Images
From Pinterest


I buy a soft pretzel with cheese too. Yum!

The Festival takes place in Parke County, Indiana, which has the most covered bridges in one county in America. You can stroll through many of them during this week. If you're lucky, the leaves will be in the height of their colorful glory.

This is where I will be A LOT this week.

How about you?

Do they have something like this where you live? If not, does this sound like something you would attend? Why or Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment