Friday, March 9, 2018

Reading Goals for 2017



By Kelly Bridgewater

As a follower of my blog, you know that I read TONS of books. It is hard work reading and reviewing one book per week for this blog. Then have to keep track of what books I am actually reading, and then turn them into the publishing companies alongside Amazon and Goodreads. Plus, if I'm on street teams, and I am a lot, I have to share my reviews on their Facebook pages too.

How do I do it?

I seriously don't know.

I homeschool my nine year old, and I am working on losing weight, so I walk over six miles every day. When my other two boys come home from school, we work on their homework, band practice, Awana books and verses, family devotions, and work around our property. It takes a lot of time. I guess this is why I read really fast. I can finish a book in a day. Usually the best time for me to read is an hour before bed. The house is quiet, and I can fly through the story.

But . . .

for 2018, I would like to read less. Yes, I know that means a lot less reviews. I still plan to do at least one a week, with a writing advice or some Biblical inspiration for the week, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

I NEED TO FOCUS ON MY WRITING.

Did I say that loud enough?









I always claim to want to be a published writer, but if I keep reading and reviewing without writing, that dream will never become a reality. I would like to write my World War II spy series and see if I'm good enough or does God want me to write for His eyes only.

I want my Daddy who always believed in me to smile down from heaven at me. I want him to see my first and many more published novels. I don't want to waste this burning desire that God has placed in me to go to waste.

How about you? What do you plan to do with your reading goals? Are you planning to read more? Read less?

No comments:

Post a Comment