Friday, April 14, 2017

Psalm 27:9

By Kelly Bridgewater

Psalm 27:9

"Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation."

What a truthful statement by David!!!
Have you ever felt like this?

If not, lucky you. 

But if you're like most people, me included, I feel like God has abandoned me in my times of trouble. Maybe that is why so many people enjoy that "Footprints" poem. 

When we go through trials, we feel all alone. I know I do. I have felt like God doesn't really care for the last sixteen years of my life. I have even doubted why I believe and follow God. I have even put my Bible away on the top shelf and not touched it for a week. 

Don't worry. God urged me to return to his Word and seek him again! 

But . . . I know we all have trials that bring us close to tears and don't see the end in sight. I am in a HUGE crisis right now that has me on my knees every morning praying for the same thing. I feel like my prayers bounce off the ceiling, and they don't reach God's ears.

I feel ignored. 
I feel unloved. 
I feel sad. 
I feel depressed. 

www.pinterest.com


Why doesn't God answer my constant prayer with the answer I know would satisfy the end result? Instead, I spend every waking moment thinking and praying about the worst scenario to this solution. 

My solution:

Keep praying!
Keep Worshiping!
Keep reading His Word!

Maybe soon, I'll post something a little happier, showing how God took this burden off me. 

Do you remember when you felt so burden by something, and it felt like God wasn't paying attention to you? Please share how it was answered or if you want me to join you in prayer, I will!

God bless!

Scripture came from Journal the Word Bible, NKJV Large Print. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016.      Print. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment