Friday, September 11, 2020

9/11 Tribute

By Kelly Bridgewater

Every person who is at least 25 years old or older knows where they were on September 11, 2001. I was on the way to a Sociology class at IUPUI. I was four months pregnant with my first born son. Who is now enrolled in his first semester at college. 

I remember thinking this really couldn't be happening. 

As obsessed as I have become with World War II, it makes me think of what my grandparents had to think when they heard about Pearl Harbor. 

How dare another country come into our airspace and bomb us? 

This is our home. What were they thinking?

www.military.com

I can't imagine it being easy for my grandparents. They just had radio broadcast, and they had to wait until President Roosevelt announced it for the entire country to hear. 

In 2001, we had televisions. 

In 2020, we have social media, which can be a total poison, if you are paying much attention to what people post. 

I wish America would have that same freedom and care for others that we have after a natural disaster like these two. 

Currently, America is falling apart, and the values have left the train a LONG LONG time ago. I pray for my children as they have to face a world that is not the same as I grew up in. I'm not that old either. 

BUT my grandparents thought the same thing. 

Jesus, come!! I can't wait to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment