Friday, August 30, 2019

Labor Day Weekend


By Kelly Bridgewater

Labor Day!!!!

How is it here already?

Didn't we just turn the calendar from January to February?

I don't know about you, but time seems to fly much quicker now. I remember my Mother saying when I was little that time will slip by so quickly when you're an adult. From my little girl perspective, that seems so unrealistic. Time moved so slow for me, so why would it speed up just because I'm older.

But . . .

of course, Mommy was right.

The years seem to just slip by.

This year, my oldest is a SENIOR!!!! Yikes!

We have done the learner's permit. License is around the corner. And all the senior stuff is plowing down on us. College admission tests and college applications. Senior pictures. Graduation. Then he leaves home.

Kind of a scary time right now, but I believe my husband and I can handle it. We have prepared him for this, right?

Anyways, I hope you do something fun this weekend. It is probably still way too hot in Indiana with too much sun for me, but I want some barbeque and homemade ice cream. Makes the weekend a little better.

Have a nice Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment