Friday, March 15, 2019

Spoiler Reviews


By Kelly Bridgewater

Last week, I discussed bad reviews.

This week, I want to discuss a different type of reviews that drive me nuts.

Spoiler reviews.

I know sometimes you find a book that you love or a book that you didn't approve of.

DEEPLY.

But . . .

don't ruin it for everyone else.

There are times I didn't agree with a novel, but I tell my husband about it. I don't post it on-line unless it includes details that don't spoil the story for other readers.

It's not nice to share an important part of the story before anyone else has read the book.
 
That is why I focus on how the characters are made up and individually act. I review the setting and the writing style. I also focus on the plot, explaining that it captured my attention or not. I really don't want to dive into elements of the story. Just in case, I don't want to share any plot ideas.

What about you? Do reading spoiler reviews actually bother you? Have you ever gone on-line and looked for a spoiler just so you weren't surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment