Friday, March 22, 2019

Good Reviews


By Kelly Bridgewater

I have spent the past two weeks talking about Bad Reviews, so I thought today, I would do the complete opposite.

Good Reviews.

I pray that is what I do here.

A good review will complement a book with focusing on the elements of the novel that worked and what didn't work. If an element of the novel such as the plot didn't work for the reader, then they should share why.

I love when a book thrills me with the plot and characters. Then I can praise the author and his or her wonderfully crafted novel.

The reviews that are the easiest to write are the wonderfully crafted novels that captured my imagination. I also enjoy the poorly written novels because it gives me something to write and deepens my reason for disapproving the novel.

The ones that annoy me are the ones that are good, but I couldn't find anything good or bad to think about. I have a hard time allowing myself to come up with anything good or bad to write about the novel.

What about you? What makes a good review for you? Have you ever read a book that it was a hard time writing a review for?

No comments:

Post a Comment