Monday, December 10, 2018

Family Game Night




By Kelly Bridgewater

It is December, and I love how much free time the winter opens up for our family.

Band practice still happens for my eighth grader, but I love how much he enjoys it. Church is decorated for Christmas. We are singing Christmas Hymns. I love watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, and admiring the Christmas lights shining on my tree and on houses surrounding the town.

I wish there was snow. Especially on Christmas morning. We haven't had a white Christmas since 2004.

From Amazon
Another fun thing our family does is have Family Game Night. I make homemade caramel popcorn and make hot cocoa.

We love playing Ticket to Ride America and Europe edition. 


Life is another family favorite.

Monolopy is a wonderful game for the family, but as soon as my husband starts buying house and hotels, I drop out. I have no way to win. Our ten-year-old son actually gave my husband a run for his money last year and almost lost. I was so proud of him.

When my mother comes over, she enjoys playing games with our family too.

Is there any other board games that you would suggest that our family should try? We are always looking out for a new fun way to spend cold, winter evenings.

How about you? Does your family still play board games?

No comments:

Post a Comment