Friday, February 23, 2018

Writing Goals for 2017



By Kelly Bridgewater

For 2018, I need to make some goals for myself or nothing ever gets done.

Or if you have followed my blog posts for the past couple of years, I have actually wrote that I wanted to complete three novels in the past couple of years, but it has been really hard to sit down and write, so I haven't.

With all the disappointment and despair of my Daddy's death on Halloween in 2015, I haven't done really any writing, except keeping up on this blog with my book reviews and my writing advice.

As for fiction writing, I can't claim that I have done anything.

Nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

But . . .

for 2018, I want to complete ONE novel. Even if it takes me all year. Even if I start to write, then have to go research something. Then come back to my story.

I have this World War II spy series in my head for a long time. I was researching and diving into the characters and their background really hard before my father died, but then with his passing, I haven't done anything.









I hope that by just claiming one book that I MIGHT actually get it done. I would love to see these characters that have been dancing around in my mind come to life and tell their story to each of you. I don't think God would let me hang on to the idea for three years if He didn't want me to tell this story.

So are you up for the challenge? Would you be willing to support and encourage me to write this book? If anyone would like to be a critique partner or supporter who sends me a note asking how my book is going? I would appreciate that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment