Friday, February 2, 2018

PURSUE GOD



By Kelly Bridgewater

Last week, I introduced you to the word for 2018 for me.

PURSUE.

Then I gave you the two verses.

Today, I'm going to talk about the first verses because my word PURSUE has two meanings for me this year.

Today, I'll explain how Philippians 4: 12- 14 has to do with 2018.

Here is the verse:

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things 
which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

The main part of the verse that has to do with 2018 is the last part of the verses, "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

I will PURSUE God more than ever. Not that I don't spend every morning with the Bible, but I want to study more deeply. I want a life that memorize Scripture and tells more about Him. God has changed my life for the better, and I want to know more about Him.

In April, I plan to spend more time with Kristy Cambron's Verse Mapping system. Until then, I plan to spend time with some of the Old Testament Minor Prophets, learning more about what they have taught and prophesized for the future and Israel.









I plan to devour and enjoy my time with God. Treasure my moments with Him. Make them count for eternity.

What about you? Do you plan to pursue more time with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment