Friday, February 9, 2018

PURSUE MY DREAM



By Kelly Bridgewater

Two weeks ago, I introduced you to my word for 2018. Last week, I shared how the first part of that word PURSUE is going to be used for the new year.

Today, I will talk about the second part.

I will use Psalm 45:1 to use how PURSUE is going to be used for my other part to guide my new year.

Psalm 45:1

" . . . My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

I know I talk about writing all the time. Ways I need to write. What I plan to write, but I actually don't know much writing on my World War II suspense novels.

During NaNoWriMo, I actually wrote 50,000 words, and completed my NaNoWriMo writing goal. It felt awesome.

I loved the thrill of writing. The development of my characters. Allowing my imagination to roam free.

It was nice watching the characters interact and roam the world that I had created.

I'm tired of mentioning the writing that I plan to do and not actually doing it because there is always something in the way to stop me. I need to WRITE and pursue my dreams of writing. I'll never be published if I don't actually do the writing.

Even if that is what God wants me to do.












I will PURUSE my writing dream. The dream I had since I was a little girl. I think the desire to write stories came when I was ten years old. It has inched and buried itself for many years. I have never really allowed the desire to leave. It has sat there and festered since I was younger. I used to write during school after finishing my school work. I would write for hours when sitting at home.

Since I graduated high school, it got harder to create.

In college and graduate school, I majored in Writing, so I had more moments to write stories even with all the restrictions placed on my writing at a secular school.

I wrote three complete novels after graduate school, than my Daddy died, and I haven't written anything since. Well, until this past November.

Now I want to actually research and write my three World War II suspense novels.

I WILL write all three books this year. Even if they are trash, I will write them so that I feel better at using the talents, maybe not talents, that the Lord has given to me.

What about you? What are you going to PURSUE this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment