Friday, January 26, 2018

WORD FOR 2018



By Kelly Bridgewater
Have you heard of the One Word Resolution?

Instead of making a new year's resolution such as lose weight or bike to work, you would use a word to guide you for the new year.

Last year in 2017, my word was WAIT. I used Psalm 27:14 to guide me. It says, " Wait on the Lord 
Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your Heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord."
Waiting was really important for 2017.

I think it will continue until 2018, but I found a new word for 2018.

It is  . . .

PURSUE.

Come back for the next two weeks, and I will share my verses and how I plan to use Pursue.

Here are my verses:

Philippians 4: 12-14

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 45:1
" . . . My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."









What about you? Have you ever chosen a word for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment