Friday, January 5, 2018

What I Learned in 2017(Part I)



By Kelly Bridgewater

There are many teachable moments in life. As a Christian, I have a hard time learning what God wants to teach me all the time. Sometimes He has to hit me upside the head or take something away for me to depend more deeply on Him.

The one thing I learned last year that I know is important is ANGER.

Yes, that is right.

Anger.

I learned that it is okay to be mad at God. I know this is probably going against what we learn in church. We should ALWAYS love and adore God, but what about when things go wrong.?

In 2017, my immediate family and I had a lot of injustices done to us that I had a hard time wanting to stay focused on God. I even had many moments where I didn't want to believe in God. There were moments I asked trusted Christians friends if it was really worth it. All the trouble my family is going through is not right. We didn't do anything to deserve this.

Why is God ignoring my prayers?

Why is God picking on me?

Why do a lot of my friends have nice lives with the big houses, newer cars, and nothing appears to go wrong?

The key word there is "appears." Do you have any of those friends on Facebook with the perfect house, the perfect job, the beautiful kids who do nothing wrong? Their parents are always showing off how easy it was to sell one house the same day they listed it and found their new house the exact day they traveled to a new city. 








The mother is not overweight, has no bags under her eyes, and her children are so perfect. What does she do that makes her life just right? Even as a child, they have never struggled. Perfect Christian education. Perfect Christian parents that loved them, supported them, and are still happily married. Went to an expensive Christian college. Married a great guy. Never struggled financially or emotionally.

Sometimes I wish they had real struggles. Like mine. Struggles where you spend days on a phone arguing with the injustice done to you. Struggles with their teenage kids. Struggles with paying their bills. Struggles with their faith. Struggle at all. (I do understand it is Facebook, and it could all just be pictures, not reality. But sometimes it drives me nuts that this is the persona they portray.)

Come back next week where I will show you my solution to this anger issue.

Have you ever felt like this? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment