Friday, February 24, 2017

February Update

By Kelly Bridgewater

Hello, everyone!

Here is my monthly update on my personal things that I have done for the month of February.

I have I have completed 8 book reviews, which have went live during the month of February. (Feel free to click on the titles and be taken to the individual reviews on these books! I really hope you discover something new to read.)

www.fanpop.com


Reviews:

Rescue Me by Susan May Warren

Shadow of Suspicion by Christy Barritt

Still Life by Dani Pettrey

An Uncommon Protector by Shelley Shephard Gray

Maybe It's You by Candace Calvert

Moving Target by Lynette Eason

To The Farthest Shore by Elizabeth Camden

The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron

My Personal Writing:

From Amazon
During this shorten month, I have read and finished The Story Equation by Susan May Warren and then spend a lot of time talking and interviewing my two main characters in my first book, Nate and Alexis. I know more about them and discovered some things about their characters that I didn't know until I finished composing their individual background.

I have spent some time researching the settings and found a couple of great books that I can't wait to dive into.

London at War: 1939 - 1945 by Philip Ziegler

This thick book is told from a number of survivors who lived in London during these six years. It reads like a novel, so I have been taking  A LOT of notes as I read this informative text.

The Secret Lives of Codebreakers by Sinclair McKay

From Amazon
I enjoy the inside look at how they did their job, which is important if I want to make Alexis and my two other heroine's jobs realistic for the readers. It shows the inside of Bletchley Park, which is where they did all their undercover work.

The Moonraker by Ian Fleming

This is a James Bond novel. I am reading this and taking notes on the structure of a spy novel. Since my heroines and heroes are spy for the British government, I thought this would be a great book to study structure with.







Thanks for spending time with me and seeing where I am with my research. I have a title for my series, which who knows if it will stay, but I'm pretty excited about it. Fans of Sherlock Holmes might really enjoy the series title.

Come back on March 24th where I will have another update for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment