Friday, August 12, 2016

2016 Pre-Conference Mix and Mingle

By Kelly Bridgewater

Laurie Tomlinson, a fellow friend and writer, started this as a way for ACFW members to get to know each other before the big ACFW conference in Nashville, Tennesse later this month. What a fun way to get to know other writers before going! It would be a good way to say hi when you have seen their picture and know a little bit about them. Thank you, Laurie. 


 Below are my answers to Laurie’s mix & mingle questions.  Be sure to check her blog post to read her answers and get to know lots of other Christian fiction authors.

Here’s what to do:

- Copy/paste and fill out your own answers (you don’t have to answer all of them!) in a post on your own website and paste the URL to that post (not your home page) using this handy link-up tool. Just click on the blue button below that says “Add your link”. If you don’t have a website, feel free to answer the questions in the comments below!

- Make sure to link back to this post after you fill out your answers so any of your readers who are conference attendees can participate, too! The more, the merrier.

- Click through the links below to get to know other conference attendees before St. Louis!

Here are the questions and my answers!

Name: Kelly Bridgewater

Location: Terre Haute, IN

What you write/tagline/trademark: Historical / Suspense / Thriller  “Where Faith and Books Meet”

Place in the book world: Pre-published author who has had two short stories published while in graduate school and presented an essay at a literary conference. Currently working on my fourth manuscript, which is the first in a three part series! The series is a spy thriller set in World War II.

On a scale of hugger to 10-foot-pole, please rate your personal space: I don’t mind hugs but talk to me first.

The unique talking point that will get you going for hours: Books, writing, and hockey!

Loved ones at home you’ll be missing: My husband, fourteen-year-old son, eleven-year-old son, eight-year-old son, my golden retriever, Happy, and our beagle, Snoopy.

Conference goals we can pray for? To listen and learn from the authors who prepared the classes and my mentor sessions. I’m volunteering at the registration desk on Thursday from 12 - 2 p.m., so I hope to meet a lot of smiling and joyful people who will say hi when they see me.

One or two ways we can help you build your platform? Yes! You can like and sign up on my blog, "Where Faith and Books Meet," to receive my posts when I submit something (I will NOT share your email with anyone, and blogger will only send an email when I post something, which is currently every Tuesday (book reviews) and Friday (writing advice).

That’s it!

Be sure to check out who’s going to conference as (hopefully) the links start showing up!

If not, now you know a little more about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment