Friday, June 12, 2015

Defeating the Green Monster



By Kelly Bridgewater

Before you read this post, I would like you to read my heart-wrenching story of how the green-eyed monster has gripped my heart. Here are the links to: Part I  and  Part II. Read them first!! Please !!

It makes me pretty vulnerable, but I think it is necessary to show what today’s post is going to be about.

We have all been jealous of someone else’s success or life. It hits me a lot. I cry and hate that I did not get handed the better plate in life.

But I have some steps that I take to keep the green-eyes monster of jealousy at bay.

1.)    I pray for that person.
I know it sounds funny. But when I start to feel upset, I close my eyes and pray for the tinge of jealousy to move on. Then I bring that person to mind and pray for them. Sometimes it is a struggle, but I want to reap blessings on that person.

2.)    Worship and pray
Remind myself of the Great God that I serve. He wants what is the best for my life, even though it is really easy to remember sometimes. Spending some time focusing on God and reminding myself of what he has accomplished in my life brings a smile to my face.

3.)    Write
Sounds funny, but I pull out my laptop or journal and write. It does not have to be long, but something to prove that God gave me this desire for a reason. No matter how much I try to walk away because I get frustrated, God pulls me right back in and begs me to write the story he has placed on my heart.

What do you do when the green-eyed monster of jealousy attacks you?

No comments:

Post a Comment