Friday, August 23, 2024

Teaching Bug

By Kelly Bridgewater

Back in March, while working at t a University, I had the opportunity to go over and help students complete their 24-25 FAFSA. I enjoyed helping students as they answered questions, and we came through with the correct solution to solve their problems.

It felt really good to help them.

Pixabay


Reminded me of why I wanted to be a teacher in the first place for a spell in my life.

I know it can be hard at times, but I enjoyed knowing how to help them.

Missed when I taught English 101 and 105 when I was a graduate student. I loved watching students as their writing grew. I loved watching students as their knowledge of research and how to dig deeper into the question, then write a research paper about that topic.

I really miss teaching students.

If it didn’t cost money, I would love to go back and earn my Ph.D in English and then teach at the college level.

I have talked with my son that I would love to teach a class about the development of the mystery novel. From Edgar Allen Poe to Arthur Conan Doyle to Agatha Christie to modern stories and television shows.

I think it would be interesting and would definitely capture the students’ attention. What is better than comparing and contrasting the different types of story types and what is included now vs. what was included when Poe wrote the first detective novel.

What about you? Ever have a glimpse of a career that you might have chosen, but life moved forward, and you do not pursue it. What was your dream career that you did not follow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment