Friday, January 19, 2024

Word for 2024 Explanation

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Seek.

Such a simple tiny word.

But what a punch.

I need to seek.

God.

Writing.

Happiness.

I have not been the same person since my Daddy passed away eight years ago.

istock.com


I need to seek answers to why not?

Why do I have no joy in reading the Bible? Why do I not spend more time in prayer, except to whine about how unfair my life has been?

Why can’t I write?

Why am I always wanting to be at home?

Why do I not have any friends that want to hang out or pray with me?

Why am I invisible?

This year, starting in July, I will not being doing this blog anymore. Reviewing books for others have taken up so much of my time for the past 10 years. I NEED TO WRITE.

I need to write all these stories that I have ideas for. I’ll never be published or become a better fiction writer, if I do not spend time writing.

I need to visit a therapist who will help me move past the block to write better and become a better wife.

Lord,

Help me to seek you for 2024.

I want to spend more time with you.

I need to understand that I need some help, and I need to seek out that help that I need. Bring the right people into my life who will help guide me back to a better person and hopefully, a better writer.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment