Friday, October 20, 2023

Daddy’s Birthday

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Tomorrow is my Daddy’s 75th birthday.

cliparting.com


It is also the eighth year since he left us.

I can’t remember the sound of his voice anymore.

I can’t remember the Russian phrases he used to say to us. Not that my Daddy was Russian, but during the early 70’s my father was in the United States Army and learned Russian, so he could spy on the Russians.

I don’t write anymore! He was my main inspiration, and he always asked about my writing. Now I have no accountability.

Yes, I feel guilty when ideas come. I even have the itch to go write the story, but when I sit down to write, I don’t feel like I can do this, so I put in away and ignore it again.

Never going to be published if I can’t move past this blockade in my brain.

Anyways,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!

Wish I could celebrate with you!

Love you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment