Friday, October 6, 2023

22nd Wedding Anniversary

By Kelly Bridgewater

Today, actually, is me and my husband’s 22nd wedding Anniversary.

Wow!

22 years together in marriage.

Some days it seems a lot longer. Some days it does not even seem that long.

happinessishomemade.net


We married when I was 19 and he was 23. Now, we are growing gray together.

Literally.

In the past two years, I have noticed a lot more gray in my brunette hair. Not a good sign!

We have three boys. Our oldest is 21 years old, second is 18 years old, and our youngest is 15. How did this happen?

I love my boys as teenagers.

I remember my mother saying that the teenagers’ years are the worst. I disagree. I actually enjoy my teenage boys.

Nice to talk to. I love when they come to me with issues in their lives.

As for my husband, he can still act like a teenager too.

But marriage takes a lot of work. Give and take. Both individuals need to give 150% and spend time with each other.

It is hard to have date night when you have three kids. It has been really hard to have those moments throughout our entire marriage, but now that they are older, it is much easier.

How about you? Any marriage secrets?

No comments:

Post a Comment