Friday, June 23, 2023

Vacation Plans

By Kelly Bridgewater

 Have you ever taken a vacation because of a novel that you were researching so you could write it?

I have not.

I know plenty of authors that have planned vacations to England or an island where their stories take place.



With a limited income, barely above poverty, I do not have that luxury. We have no debt, but I can not do that.

We were really excited in October 2021 to spend a week in a cabin on a lake. It was fishing and seeing the Lake Michigan. Board Games. Television. Cooking food on the grill.

I would love to take a research trip to England and / or Germany to research some of the places that my World War II novel takes place.

It would help bring my stories to life instead of just researching through the internet and books.

 

How about you? Ever taken a vacation to research for your writing? If so, where have you gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment