Friday, January 20, 2023

Steadfast: Word for 2023

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Every year in December, I pray for the verse for the next year to guide me and also have another verse to add to my memory. 

This year, I have felt that my Christian Values are being attacked more than I have ever seen in my lifetime. 

I thought Strong because I need to help my boys, husband, and me to be strong as we face these obstacles. 

None of the verses with the word strong really stood out to me. 

What about warrior?

Not a lot of verses in the Bible with that word. Only 3 to be exact. 

I thought of the Armor of God in Ephesians 6 : 10 - 19. Yes, I need those things, but not to guide my thinking for the year. 

Then it hit me. 

STEADFAST. 

https://www.gracebc.org/sermons/steadfast-faith/


I need to be steadfast. 

Praying constantly. 

Spending more time in the Bible. 

Spending more time investing in a community of believers that feel the urgency like I do. 

America is falling to the devil's lies and schemes. 

We need to stand Steadfast and keep on faith in God on fire. 

What about you? Do you agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment