Friday, June 24, 2022

Writing is Tough

 By Kelly Bridgewater

I have a hard time thinking of plot ideas and composing stories in the summer.

I am sure, if I was on contract, I would figure out how to get the words on the page.

Since that is not happening, I have a hard time in the summer.

clipground.com


Maybe it is too hot.

Maybe it is the endless overtaking of the weeds, crawling all over my pretty flowers and bushes that I worked numerous hours on all spring.

Maybe it is the grass that needs cut every week.

Maybe it is the overwhelming work at my job since we work on New Student Orientation for the freshman students during the summer. That takes tons of time.

I have more of the desire to write in the fall and winter when the weather cools off. Leaves sparkle in their fall colors. Weeds start to die off. The yard starts to go dormant, so I do not have to mow every week.

Life may be crazier with kids going to school, but I find more time and inspiration to write. More me time.

Summers are crazier in my book.

How about you? Is summer crazy or fall? What season do you find yourself writing more?

No comments:

Post a Comment