Friday, June 10, 2022

Hebrews 10: 32 - 34a

 By Kelly Bridgewater

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews%2010&version=NIV

wallpapercave.com
I remember in high school where some student would make fun of me because I stood strong on my faith in God. I did not drink, do drugs, and have sex, so I was the weird kid, but I was the person they all wanted to talk and consult with when their significant others broke up with them or treated them wrong. I was the one they wanted to discuss how to work harder. School was easy for me, so I was the one they ran to when they needed help with an assignment or two.

As an adult, the shape of our modern society is throwing Christians around. I knew that being a Christian was never promised to be easy. Christians have been tortured since the beginning of time. Why should I be any different than the patriarchs of our faith?

Now it seems to be happening more in American as America tries to run from the Christian faith that it was founded on.

Sin is okay as long as you have tons of followers.

Sin is okay as long as you shove it down others’ throat.

Sin is okay as long as you do it in direct light.

Sin is okay as long as you can belittle others.

Sin is okay as long as you humiliate the Christians who share the light and have values.

But sharing that this SIN is wrong is not allowed anymore. They come out and call you racist or a bigot, which is not the reality of the situation AT ALL.

Lord,

Please give me the strength to stand strong with you and alongside other Christians. If I die for your name, then so be it. Help this future generation to seek you, find you, and defend you to the mortally corrupt world that we are currently residing in.

Amen.

What about you? Have you personally ever been ridiculed or not allow do something because of your faith in God?

No comments:

Post a Comment