Friday, March 25, 2022

I'm Living a Sitcom

 By Kelly Bridgewater

As a child, I really enjoyed Full House and Boy Meets World.

I wanted to be friends with my siblings like Stephanie, D.J, and Michelle. I always wanted to be DJ Tanner. They had such a fun life for so many people in their home.

I was smart like Topanga and wanted a boy like Cory Matthews to fall in love with me and love me forever. I wanted a full ride scholarship. I thought English was my dream job since I LOVE to read, but after life experience, I should have been an FBI detective or a criminal lawyer.

I wanted to a marriage with a man who could make me laugh like Jill Taylor.

But . . .

www.slashfilm.com


Now that I am an adult. I am a little of a couple of sitcoms.

I feel like Jill Taylor the most. My husband is handy at working on cars and working on fixing on things around the house when he wants to. He does not blow things up, but he is handy. The trick is to get him to do them.

I have three boys. I attended college with three boys. My boys, unfortunately, were a lot younger than the Taylor’s boys when Jill went back to graduate school to earn her MA and Ph.D. in Psychology. Mine was in Writing.

I also find myself like Bill Cosby when he complains and instructs the five children in his life. I have laughed at the same things that I have told my children over and over again. I do not have the romance and laughs all the time like these shows display.

Marriage and parenting is hard.

Not a lot of laughs.

I like things to have a purpose and in their place.

My husband is a messy person who collects EVERYTHING. We might need it in 30 years, so I want to hang on to it. My mother didn’t want it, so I brought it home. Not that we need it, but I own it now.

DRIVES ME CRAZY!

 This is what most of our argument is over.

With God’s grace, we have been together for 21 years and counting.

Ignore the small things. Marriage is better than that.

What about you? What family sitcoms mirror your current life?

No comments:

Post a Comment