Friday, March 11, 2022

Family Sitcoms

 By Kelly Bridgewater

I was born in the early 1980’s and became a teenager in the mid to late 1990’s.

I grew up on sitcoms.

www.screenrant.com


I especially spent tons of time watching Family dynamic sitcoms.

Plenty of laughter, heartache, and reality.

I enjoyed spending time watching television.

Friday nights were TGIF (Thank Goodness its Friday) block. It was from 8 – 10 pm. It started with Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, and Step-by-Step.

During the week, I would watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Cosby Show reruns.

Dick Van Dyke Show.

Mama’ Family.

Home Improvement.

Stanford and Son.

All in the Family.

Television today is too vulgar and tries to be too much of a “reality” that glorifies sin way too much. I’m glad to offer my boys other options to good shows.

How about you? Do you find yourself and your family watching re-runs of the good shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment