Friday, September 24, 2021

ACFW Conference

 By Kelly Bridgewater

Usually in September, tons of Christian writers attack a city. 

We spend moments in prayer, worship, listening, and learning more about the writing craft. 

A great time to meet your favorite author, if they attend. 

A great time to be introduced to an agent, editor, or an author friend. 

What is this you ask?

christianfictiononlinemagazine.com


It is the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writer's) Conference. 

I have been to three of them. 

The first time, my favorite writer who introduced me to Christian fiction, was the keynote speaker. Robin Jones Gunn. 

Next time was Laurine Snelling. 

My aunt, who is now deceased, enjoyed her writing. 

Third time, was Ted Dekker. 

I have pictures with them. 

I also met Ronie Kendig, Susan May Warren, Kate Breslin, Jen Turano, Becky Wade, Carrie Turansky, Susan Ann Mason, Karen Witemeyer, Carrie Stuart Parks, Dani Pettrey, Julie Klassen, Steven James, Rachel Hauck, Jamie Jo Wright, Natalie Walters (who was my roommate the last year that I attended!) among many others. 

But of course, the last two years have been virtual meetings. 
Not the same thing. 

I did not "attend" these virtual meetings. 

How about you? Any event that captures your attention that you look forward to going to?

No comments:

Post a Comment