Friday, October 16, 2020

Year 5

By Kelly Bridgewater

This month marks five years since my Daddy died.

Wow!

Really!

Some days it seems like yesterday and some days it feels so long ago since I have actually talked to my Daddy and listened to his advice.

It has gotten a lot easier.

Life has returned to normal.

I don't write my fiction. Still.

Who knows if I ever will?

A word of advice:

If you lost a parent recently, I give you a hug. It hurts. Deeply. Some days you wonder how you will move on. How will you continue to do the things that made you you? I promise. It will loosen the hands of grief. As someone who is five years down the road, I remember the horrible feelings of lost without my Daddy when he left, but I have moved on with my life.

There are certain things that come up that bring tears to my eyes. Father's Day is all about my husband and my father-in-law, who I am grateful are still in my life.

Like I mentioned earlier, my Daddy was my biggest supporter of my writing. He held me accountable and wanted to see how I was doing on my stories. Since he has passed on, I don't have that anymore, so I don't do it.

Sad.

I know.

I miss you, Daddy. Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment