Friday, October 23, 2020

Favorite Suspense Novels

By Kelly Bridgewater

Halloween is next week, so of course, lots of orange and black.

Leaves changing.

Spooky things hanging out in stores and from homes.

Spooky movies and stories fill the hours.

Now I'm not a fan of a horror novel where the point is to show more blood and horror.

I like psychological stories where the madness is allowed to the reader.

I LOVE a good suspense novel.

Especially ones that I didn't see the ending coming. 

(Now, no offense to anyone, but cozy mysteries don't fit in this category. They are predictable and safe. So none of them are included here. Not that I don't read some of them. But I like to not know how the ending is before it happens. Romantic Suspense not so much either because there is romance that takes away from the suspense too!) (All images come from Goodreads.)

So here goes  . . . my favorite suspense novels:

The Knight by Steven James (This one is my ALL-TIME favorite. I actually went back and studied how James threw me for a loop. I can usually predict who the bad guy is, but when James showed this person, I got upset and sat the book aside. No idea at all, which rarely happens to me.)

6420553. sy475

The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright

The Curse of Misty Wayfair

Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl

The Triple Threat Collection: Face of Betrayal, Hand of Fate, Heart of Ice, and Eyes of Justice (A Triple Threat Novel)

When Death Draws Near by Carrie Stuart Parks

27840667

The Boneman's Daughter by Ted Dekker

Boneman's Daughters

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker

The Bride Collector

No comments:

Post a Comment