Friday, February 7, 2020

Writing Goals


By Kelly Bridgewater
 
A year and a half ago, I decided to give up writing. Actually, it seemed like the right decision for me at the time. I have been mourning and suffering with the death of my Daddy, and I couldn't put the story together. I cried about it. I prayed about it. It seemed to not be the season for me to write.

But . . .

it seemed like God still wanted me to tell my story.

What is the story?

I don't honestly know.

I have had ideas for a three-part series taking place at Bletchley Park in London during World War II.

Luckily, for me the two published Christian Historical Romance authors that have written about this same place did not write the story I wanted to write. I have notes and research. Maybe I'll finish the three book series someday.

I also have an idea for a historical mystery series featuring a prominent family in Indiana. There would be money, mafia involvement, murder, bootlegging, reporters, war, family betrayal, and a hint of romance all tied up in one family.

It would occur during the 1928 - 1940 something.

I really feel like this should be the story I should focus on. I have started some research at the local library where my fictional town will be placed. I really enjoy glancing at images of this town back when I plan to set my story. It is really fueling my story.

I have the dark moment and wound of the first character. I think I have his plot of transformation worked out. I just need the mystery element plotted a little more. I really hope I can write this novel. I would love to see how the story comes out.

Plus, the preceding characters and stories I think will really capture the audience. I hope. I have been spending time praying and focusing on God's Word too. I really feel like these are the stories I should be focusing on right now.

Any advice for someone who hasn't written in a while but still needs to stay focused and not allow Satan to tempt me to stop. I would LOVE to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment