Friday, January 17, 2020

Word of the Year: Peace


By Kelly Bridgewater

2019 has been hectic.
I worked for the United States Post Office, but right after Christmas, I quit. The money was nice, but the downside to the job was a lot worst.

I hated working evaluated routes where if I didn't finish the route that I didn't know well by the evaluated time, then they stopped paying me. Some days I would work for four hours with no pay. It was annoying. During Christmas, it was hard to deliver packages in the dark on routes I have never done. Food breaks and restroom breaks were not allowed during my 10+ hour shift. Monday through Friday I was on call. Couldn't plan anything because they might call me into work. I had to work every Saturday and Sunday. Didn't get to spend time with my family.

Anyways, I will keep praying and hope there is another job that pays well enough for our family to keep us away from living paycheck to paycheck.

So as 2019 came to a close, I always pray for a word for the year. This year, I felt lead toward

PEACE.

 I need peace with where I am at in my life.

I need peace to be happy with what I do have.

I need peace in my mind.

I need peace from God.

So this year, I am hoping to discover the peace to make my life better.

What about you? What is your word for 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment