Friday, October 18, 2019

Not My Week


By Kelly Bridgewater

If you have been following my blog for the previous years, then this is the time of the year when I get a little melancholy. My Daddy's birthday is on October 21st, which in normal situations would mean a celebration with cake (German Chocolate Cake) with ice cream (Butter Pecan). But my Daddy died almost four years ago.

I can't believe it has been four years. Some days the pain is still fresh, and I cry thinking of all that he is missing in my and my boys' life. But on the other hand, I can't believe it has really been four years.

A lot of people forget that we need to remember this person. Especially when someone was close to them. I was really close to my Daddy, and sometimes I don't know I have gone on without him. A lot has changed since my Daddy was alive.

Some good. Some not so good.

I have a job. Not my dream job. But a job that does pay extra money on the mortgage every month. 
 We are trying to knock it out in four years.

We adopted a new golden retriever princess who we named Nana. She is adorable just like my first golden, Happy. I couldn't imagine my life without either of them.

But  . . . I have stopped writing. Even though sometimes, I miss it. Even though writing used to be like breathing to me, I couldn't write without his encouragement. I still wonder if I will ever complete a novel and see it to completion.

I miss you, Daddy!!!

Hard to believe it has been four years.

I miss your prayers. I miss your talks. I miss your encouragement and asking how my stories are going. I miss you buying me a book on my wish list just because you had a little extra money that week. I miss your support of me. I miss having someone to listen when I feel down or had a great day. You were always the first one I told everything to.

Tears are flowing, so I better end this.

Love those in your life.

Honestly, you don't know how much they mean to you until they aren't there everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment