Friday, July 5, 2019

New Author I Discovered


By Kelly Bridgewater

How many of you actually try a new author that has been recommended over and over and over again? I mean, you know you should try the author, but your TBR stack is very tall already, why throw in another series by an author, especially one you haven't read anything by.

I understand.

Completely.

I just counted how many books I own by authors I enjoy that I haven't read yet, and I came up with 70 physical books. And let's not get started on the books on my Kindle. I am sure there are WAY more on there that I haven't read yet. 

35064610
From Goodreads


While doing a Kindle Unlimited trial for three months for 99 cents, I downloaded all four Life After books by Julie Hall.(Huntress, Warfare, Logan's Story, and Dominion) (These are the links to purchase them from Amazon. The Kindle versions are really cheap to enjoy such fabulous stories. I purchased them all for my Kindle once I was done reading them.)

I have been told by a number of friends who really enjoy speculative writing that her books are awesome. I do love the covers. They are beautiful, aren't they?

But I haven't gotten around to downloading and reading them yet.

BUT . . .

35084084
From Goodreads


right after the holidays and the new year, (Yes, I know, it was back in January) I finally sat down and read all four books.

I read them all in two and a half days.

Boy, these books are AWESOME.

I really enjoy the idea of what happens after we die.

I know it isn't true because none of us really know what is going to happen in heaven, but it was a nice story to believe and follow the life of Audrey and Logan as they train to become hunters who fight demons on earth. It was nice to follow their growing love story and watch it develop into something wonderful. 

36682968
From Goodreads


I had a really hard time putting the stories down. I stayed up way too late reading them. I'm even happier that all of them have been published. I think I would of been a little upset if I couldn't read all of them and had to wait for the next book to be published. Hall did a wonderful job at leaving cliff-hangers at the end of each book that lead directly into the next one. So I jumped into the next one without truly any break.

These are wonderfully written stories. Yes, remember stories. Not a factual account. So don't write me, complaining about your view of heaven versus Hall's. It is a story.

I don't know about you, but I hope to purchase the beautiful stories and place them on my forever shelf. I loved them. 

38390771
From Goodreads


Thank you for all the friends who recommended them. I took your advice and found a wonderful new series to enjoy.

How about you? Have you ever found a new author to gush about that you found by taking someone's recommendation? If not, there are tons of reviews on this blog to help you find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment