Friday, June 21, 2019

Literary Vacations


By Kelly Bridgewater

Now that summer is finally on us, I was wondering about vacations.

(Oh the dread for me!!!)

My family really doesn't take summer vacations because of the heat and my reaction to it, so we prefer to take vacations in the fall or spring where the weather is more to my liking.

BUT . .  .

I do enjoy taking Literary Vacations.

Do you know what I mean?

Where you spend time reading a book and disappear in the pages?

How about traveling to Hogwarts upon the Hogwarts Express?

I have actually every summer read through the entire Harry Potter series just because I enjoy them so much.

What about traveling to Middle Earth with Frodo and Sam? Or Legolas? What a hunk of an elf!!

I have traveled to England in my stories. From The Secret Garden as a girl to modern day stories like Julie Klassen's books or Carrie Turansky's.

From Amazon


I have time-traveled to Biblical time with Connilyn Cossette.

I enjoy spending a couple of hours or days, if possible, to travel to another part of the world that I haven't been to.

These are my favorite type of vacations. I enjoy traveling to different places in the comfort of my recliner with a cup of water and a book to lose myself in. It is harder to spend a lot of time in a book during the summer because my three boys are home. I do enjoy working on puzzles, board games, or working on some issue they struggled with last school year, so I can't spend all day reading.

Wish I could though.

How about you? Do you actually take or plan literary vacations? If so, where do you end up? If not, where would you like to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment