Friday, June 28, 2019

Fourth of July


By Kelly Bridgewater

Happy Fourth of July!!!

I pray you see fireworks, have a cook-out with all the trimmings, and spend time with family and friends.

I usually get a little nostalgia watching the fireworks. It is my only highlight of summer.

Then on July fifth, I go back to praying that summer will hurry up and end.

I don't know about you, but in Indiana, summers are miserable.

Hot. Sunny. Boring.

Too much sun brings migraines. Hot makes me sweat way too much.

So, as an end result, I don't like to be hot. It is better to hibernate inside with a good book and a nice cold drink.

I would rather play outside when  it is cold and overcast.

Maybe that is why I enjoy winter so much.

How about you? What are you looking forward to for the Fourth of July weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment