Friday, November 9, 2018

Book Blogs Equal White Noise


By Kelly Bridgewater

Does the title make you think?

It sure does for me.

I have been wondering if Book blogs are going away. If you're not one of the popular book blogs who have tons of comments every time they post something, then are you really reaching anyone?

When I attended my first ACFW conference in 2013, a fellow multi-published author answer my question "How do I get started in getting my name out there?" with "Start a blog. Review books. Follow agents and editors blogs. Comment on them. Join your local ACFW chapter and blog there. Find other blogs and see if you can join by writing for them."

I took her advice to heart and started blogging here. I joined my Indiana chapter ACFW and started blogging there. I found a blog where I had to blog once every six weeks entitled Sleuth and Suspects and started blogging there. I became part of Christian Manifesto and Book Talk on Fiction 411. But all of them have closed since then.

I know a number of book review blogs that are doing fabulous. I honestly don't get that much traffic here, only about 1700 to 2000 views a month, but no one comments. I can't more feedback on Goodreads then I do here.

I don't know how to bring more people to my blog. I blog three times a week. I really can't do more than that. I homeschool my son and help my other two with Awana, Youth Group, Band Practices and competitions, and theatre. Plus, spend time with my husband and work on our farm. It takes up a lot of my time.

I do thank the authors and readers who do support my blog when they have a chance. So thank you!











Most people who I know who have blogged when I started have stopped. Only the successful ones keep going. How do I become one of the successful ones?

I don't know.

If you have an idea, please share it with me.

Maybe I should stop blogging too.  Shrugs my shoulders. Maybe I'm talking to no one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment