Friday, September 21, 2018

ACFW Conference 2018


By Kelly Bridgewater

Boy, I wish I was attending the ACFW Conference right now. It is going on right now in Nashville, Tennessee, but because of all the financial issues my family has had to endure this year, I couldn't afford to go.

What is the ACFW Conference you ask?

I have blogged about it in 2014 and 2016 when I attended.

Overall, it is a conference with classes on writing taught by some of the accomplished writers, editors, and agents in the Christian writing business. A world I definitely want to be a part of.

I love rooming with my friends Emilie Hendryx and Suzanne Milligan Wesley. I love seeing writers I enjoy and support on here. I love getting autographs and taking pictures with them. I love hanging out with other writers and talking about writing without having people look at me like I'm weird.

I haven't been in two years because of financial reasons, but I have to work to save money. It is hard to pay the $1,500 for four days of a conference. I have braces to save for. I have a son that is a senior next year and that is going to cost a lot of money, so I need to save for that. Plus, our youth group wants to send the two older boys to a foreign country on a mission trip. I would love to have them go and share the gospel with others and serve, but we'll see.

I pray that next year I will be able to attend in Texas. We'll see. Keep an eye out maybe I'll be able to share a blog post about my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment