Friday, May 18, 2018

Reviewing Dilemma



By Kelly Bridgewater

Two weeks ago, I talked about the physical problem I have with buying more real books.

Last week, I talked about the problem I have with downloading digital books to my Kindle.

Today, I want to talk about my reviewing books.

If you have been following my blog for a while, I do ALOT of reviews. It is nice to get the books months before they are published. It is nice to share and make noise for some great books and share my opinions with the world.

What is better for a book-lover like me? I read the books, then I hope someone will read my review and be inclined to purchase a copy for themselves.

I receive a number of likes and helpful thumb ups on my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads all the time. At least, four or five a day. It is affirming for the work I do.

I'm also excited to get the email, stating the next book or books to review for the next month. I'm always jumping on another book to get my hands on. It depends on if I liked it enough to slip it on my bookshelf. But I also get digital copies on my Kindle, which fills my cloud.

Plus, these books get read before my Kindle and physical purchases because I have made a promise to the companies to have them read and reviewed by the time they are published.

It takes a lot of time to read all these review copies. I keep telling myself I'm going to read and review less, but then the next email comes in, and I pick another book.

The cycle continues.









(Don't get me wrong. I LOVE spreading the word about great books. I LOVE being able to help authors make noise for their hard work.)

How about you? Do you review for publishing companies? Do you keep picking books even though you have a lot to read already?

No comments:

Post a Comment