Friday, April 20, 2018

Manage Time



By Kelly Bridgewater

How do you manage your time?

Ever since I was a little girl, my Daddy (still miss him!) was a huge believer in the Day-Timer planner for the year. He believed in scheduling every moment of his day and writing to-do lists every Sunday for the week ahead.

My Daddy purchased a complete set with a binder when I was in high school and showed me how to use it. I enjoyed writing down my assignments with the due dates. It kept me organized and allowed to plan ahead when it came to writing my essays and doing my homework.

It helped me succeed in college and graduate school. It also helps me now as a home-school mother who spends a lot of time planning lessons, teaching those lessons, reading books to review and writing reviews.

I can't imagine not being able to keep track of all those things.

Today, I usually just buy a 10 cent binder when school starts and create my own planner inside by drawing the calendars and the weeks, so I can keep track of my things to do.
I also keep track of all my appointments.

This year, I have added in days and word counts to finish my three World War II novels. I would love to have all three written this year.

I also write down dates with my boys and my husband. I will take each son to a dinner of their choosing, and we go do something. A movie. Shopping. Putt-putt golf.

I go on a date with my husband, which usually means we go grocery shopping for the month. So much excitement I know. But it so much easier with no boys running around.









How about you? What do you do to manage your time?

Do you have a planner for every new year? Do you plan out what needs to be accomplished every week? If so, want to share some tips? If not, why don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment