Friday, September 29, 2017

Fall is Officially Here



By Kelly Bridgewater

I know this has nothing to do with books, writing, and God, but I'm so happy that Fall is officially here.

I'm not the type of person who likes to be hot, so I dread summer every year.

wallpapercave.com

 In my corner of America, summer begins way too early and hangs on until Thanksgiving.

I don't know when this trend started, but I wish God would stop the never-ending summer.

When I was a child, I remember traveling to my grandparents' house on Thanksgiving, and it was snowing.














I live in Indiana, and we really don't get snow that much. Fall is a blip on the radar. Last fall, it was warm until Thanksgiving that either the weathermen were confused. One day the leaves on the tree were green, then turned their beautiful fall colors for ONE day, then fell. No lingering walks in the leaves or admiring the view from the porch. 

northbridgetimes.com

 Lord,

This fall, I pray for a early crisp drop in temperatures that stay that way for the duration of fall. I pray for the leaves to change colors and stay that way for a while.

This winter, I pray for many days of accumulating snow falls with snow days, snowmen, and walks in the falling snow. I really do not want warm winter days. I want the winter to stay around for longer than one month.

I want a white Christmas. Around Indiana, we haven't had a white Christmas since 2004. None of my boys have ever seen a white Christmas.

Amen.

What about where you live? How are your temperatures been? Be honest. No fun to fudge on your temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment