Friday, March 17, 2017

Psalm 27:14

By Kelly Bridgewater

Psalm 27:14

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

 I want to share with you my verse for 2017. I understand it is March, but I found this verse back on December 29th, and it has been stirring in my heart every since. I read Psalm 27, and God spoke to me. I have been in such a depressed state since my father passed away unexpectedly on October 31, 2015 that I have felt like my entire life has turned upside down. I have missed my Daddy something fierce, and I couldn't write to save my life. 

But for 2017, I have decided to get out of this funk and spend more time in God's Word than I ever had before. When the boys are at school, I want to start my day, studying God's Word for at least an hour. Then I want to dive into my writing. From researching my World War II thriller to actually starting my first novel in the three book series. 

www.pinterest.com

 In January, I began to find books and information on my research. In February, I started to plan and develop my first story. I would love to be writing right now that first story that has been following me around since before my Daddy passed. I need to write this story. I need to see if I can ever make it as a published writer. The longer I wait with no writing. The less likely I will ever be published. I have to sit with my butt in the chair and write. 

I'm honestly tired of waiting on the Lord!

BUT . . .

if I don't get my relationship right with God by allowing him to strengthen my heart, then I know that my writing won't be for His glory, which is what I have been wanting all along. 

So, I am asking you, again, to keep me accountable. I want to finish at least the first story this year and then Wait on the Lord as I compose the second and third story. 

What verse has been your chosen inspiration for 2017? I would honestly love to know what other verses you have chosen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment