Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Welcome!

Hello! I'm glad you found your way to my personal blog. I hope to inspire and offer advice to ponder on writing, life, and include interviews with some of my favorite writers while reviewing a number of books to introduce new authors or share my personal feelings on their latest books.
A little about myself:

1.) I am a mother of three boys ages 12, 9, and 6 who keep me running all the time. There is always a little boy arguing with another little boy at all times, so my house is never a quiet place to visit.

2.) This October, my husband, Michael Bridgewater, and I have been married for 13 years. Yes, it has been quiet a ride, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. He's my knight in shining armor.

3.) I have two degrees: a Bachelors in English with a minor in Creative Writing and a Masters in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing.

4.) I read Inspirational Fiction. That doesn't mean that I like preachy books, but I enjoy books that feature a good plot line where I can relax and become lost in the story written on the page. I lean toward romantic suspense, thrillers, and contemporary romance books. Some of my current favorite authors are Steven James, Lynette Eason, Dee Henderson, Irene Hannon, Christy Barritt, Terri Blackstock, Colleen Coble, Melissa Tagg, and Brandilyn Collins.

5.) Even though I read a bunch of Inspirational Fiction books, I also write in the same vein. What I mean by this is that my books have a huge suspense thread with romantic tension between the hero and heroine. Either one or both of my characters will be Christian or at least, struggling with their faith because of something in their past.

Being a writer, I plan to write on here at least once a week, maybe more. I hope you join me in this ride as I learn how to navigate this blog cyberspace and advance my writing platform.

Please return often as I explore new ideas.  I, personally, thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment