Friday, December 2, 2022

Is Life Moving Too Fast?

 By Kelly Bridgewater

It is Christmas time again.

I love this time of year.

I start to listen to the Christmas music in July.

I wish for a wintery, cold, snowy morning when I wake up on Christmas.

Probably not going to happen.

We have not had a White Christmas in Central Indiana since 2004. My oldest was two and the other two boys have never seen a White Christmas.

I believe we are due for one.

But this got me thinking.

Is Life Moving Too Fast?

www.pixelstalk.net


During the year, I mark off the days until a three day weekend.

I count down until the first day of fall.

I look forward to the fall festivals.

I can’t wait until the weekend.

But by doing this, it got me thinking of how much of my life I am wasting because I am doing this.

What am I actually accomplishing with my life?

Yes, I am homeschooling my youngest when I leave work.

Yes, I am using all of my paycheck toward the mortgage. (2.5 years left. We will have paid it off 21.5 years early. Yeah!!!!)

But what about the novel that I want to write?

What about the places I want to visit?

If I keep hurrying through life, then I will be dead before I know it, and I accomplished nothing.

Do you find yourself rushing through life to the next fun event? What can we do to keep our perspective and enjoy every day that the Lord have given us?

No comments:

Post a Comment