Friday, August 12, 2022

Welcome back to School

 By Kelly Bridgewater

How did the first week of school go?

Were the meals planned? Or forgotten?

How about school work?

Have your kids whined about the amount of homework yet?

www.publicdomainpictures.net


This year, I get to experience my second son as a senior in high school. Hopefully, he can hit all those milestones that was stolen from my first son because of COVID. Shame for the class of 2020. Trust me, he does not like me or anyone for that matter to mention prom or graduation because he had neither. The school did not even make it up later. He is still very bitter about this. And I completely agree with him.

My last year is an eighth grader. I have been homeschooling him on the weekends and evenings after work, so it is more time consuming with him, but I honestly think he does SO much better with the one-on-one instruction then the instruction with the 30 plus students in the classroom.

What about you? Anything different this year than the previous years?

No comments:

Post a Comment