Friday, July 24, 2020

Kindle Libraries

By Kelly Bridgewater

Kindle Libraries . . .

Most of us have them.

Most of us jump on the chance to purchase a new book when it is offered free or discounted, but purchase religiously when a favorite author has a new book come out.

After a while our Kindle start to fill up. Yes, we can delete things and send them into the cloud, but what if you want to get rid of books from the cloud too?

As a reviewer, I download digital ARC all the time, so my Document section had 519 novels in them. (Only 5 were downloaded currently.)

My books had 1316 in them. Only 725 were downloaded.

I had the idea for this post when Tina Radcliffe shared on Facebook her total of Kindle books. She had over 1500. Others started sharing what their total was. One person actually had 8,883 Kindle books on their Kindle.

Wow! That is A LOT of books.

So I googled how to delete Kindle books from my cloud. Thought I would start with my Documents since they were review copies, and I can't do anything with them anyway.

I figured out how to delete them.

Log into Amazon.
Click on Manage your Content.
Click books of Documents.
On the way to the left is a square box next to the book titles. Click it for the ones you want to delete. When you get a good number selected, (it will tell you at the top.), click on delete in the row of orange buttons. Another screen will come up with all the titles pictured, asking if you want to delete them permantly. Yes.

Then wait a couple of minutes.

I got my Documents down to 25. My books are stuck at 1116. For some reason, it won't allow me to delete anymore books right now. I'll try again later.

I hope this helps! Make some room for some new books to

No comments:

Post a Comment