Friday, June 19, 2020

Welcome Summer

By Kelly Bridgewater

I'm not a huge fan of summer.

I do like cutting the grass. Once completed, it feels like a sense of accomplishment.

My favorite part of the day is dusk. I like going outside and sitting on the back deck, watching the lightening bugs come out. I enjoy chasing my boys through the yard and climbing trees. Believe me, owning ten acres with half being in the woods, I have a lot of trees.

I enjoy riding my bikes with the boys. I still can outride all of them.

I enjoy pulling out my rollerblades and racing up and down the street.

I do look forward to eating more food on the grill. Like corn on the cob, watermelon, and burgers.

I enjoy the fireworks on the fourth of July.

I like cool evenings where I can open all the windows in the house and allow the cool breeze to blow through the house. I enjoy falling asleep to the sound of crickets and owls in or woods.

But . . .

I do hate having to pull weeds and trim around everything.

I hate the heat of the day.

I get optical headaches all the time, so the sun is not my friend. Hard to go outside and plan anything when you know that you are going to sweat before you even start.

What about you? Are there things you love and hate about summer?

I pray you have a wonderful summer with lots of memory making moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment