Friday, June 12, 2020

Vacation Bible School

By Kelly Bridgewater

Vacation Bible School (VBS) starts this  Sunday at our church.

This year, our church is doing a marketplace during Daniel's time of captivity. We have done the same idea for the past five years.

My almost twelve-year-old son really enjoys going to VBS. He talks about the crafts he did, food he ate, and the games he played. I have to drag it out of him for him to talk about the lesson.

Little boys.

But this year, he joins the youth group, so he won't be participating in the marketplace VBS in the same way. He will get to visit one night and even learn about Daniel, but he will be with the older kids, so they will be doing things differently.

I don't know how I feel about this. I just graduated one son from the youth group all together, and now another one enters.

No more boys in the little children stuff at church anymore.

How did this happen?

When I was growing up, my mother used to say that raising kids goes fast, and I didn't believe her when they were in diapers and constantly underfoot, but now I see them slowing slippin away to adulthood.

That is why making memories with my boys has become such a priority for my husband and I. We want our boys to want to come home and visit. We want them to remember good things about their childhood.

Does your church do a VBS every year? Have you helped out? How?

No comments:

Post a Comment