Friday, August 17, 2018

Job 1: 8 -12


By Kelly Bridgewater

Last week, I share some verses from the first chapter of Job. This is the part where Satan approached the Lord and asked him to touch all of Job's possessions. By doing this, Satan believed God would curse God and deny God.

But as we all know, Job listened to the voices of some of his friends and his first wife, trying to take in their counsel.

My favorite part of the whole book is Job 40 when God finally answers Job. He basically gets in his face and proclaims, "Where were you when I created the earth? What gives you the authority to question my discussions?"

Of course, toward the end, Job is humbled and praise God for his thinking, even though he has lost everything. But because he never lost faith in God, God restored all his things and his health more than he used to have.

I have been feeling like Job lately.

On January 2, my washer back up into my kitchen. What a mess!

On January 5th, our furnace stopped heating our house. When the temperature fell to -15 in January, we had the furnace barely running and keeping our house at 58 degrees. We had a company look at the furnace, but they thought it was the thermostat. I disagreed. We had to take that furnace out and put a new one in.

On January 12th, the water line under our house in the crawl space busted, filling our crawl space with over a three feet of water. In subzero's temperature, we had to draw the water out from under the









house.

On February 28th, the transmission went out on my Suburban.  One week later, my husband's engine gasket blew, so we had no vehicles.

Then the water tank under the house broke, so we had no water pressure and the tank made a really loud clanking noise until we could put a new one in.

Water still leaks into our crawl space, and we don't know where it comes from.

I feel like Job. Did Satan approach the throne of God and ask to torture my family?

Have you ever felt like this? Wanting to know why everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

We have had some trusted Christian friends proclaim, "Then you must be doing something right for God because if Satan can't make you fail then he will keep you busy."

Obviously, we must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment